Discrimination Lawyers Los Angeles
Discrimination in the workplace violates the fundamental rights that employees have to fair treatment. You have legal options if you have been discriminated against because of age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, race, religion, or other class.
If you have faced workplace discrimination and need to take legal action, you should immediately contact a Los Angeles discrimination attorney who will stand by your side through a complex legal fight. Setyan Law has helped countless clients with discrimination claims just like yours.
Do I Need a Los Angeles Discrimination Lawyer?
Although you are not required to hire an employment lawyer in a workplace discrimination case, you will benefit by having an employment law professional on your team. Setyan Law has experience in employment discrimination law and the resources that will help you protect your rights.
We Know California Discrimination Laws
In addition to federal anti-discrimination laws, Setyan Law is intimately familiar with California statutes. California offers a broader range of protections against discrimination in the workplace. It’s important that you hire discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles who understand how to use the law to support your discrimination claim.
Every Case Is Unique
We Conduct a Thorough Investigation
Employment law discrimination cases require solid evidence of the wrongful actions of the other parties. Our investigation will work to discover information to prove that you were discriminated against on the job.
We Will Use Our Resources Effectively
Types of Workplace Discrimination Setyan Law Handles
Our law office handles an array of cases involving discrimination in the workplace, including the following:
- Age Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Race Discrimination or Racial Harassment
- LGBTQ Discrimination
- National Origin
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Hostile Work Environment
- Wrongful Termination
Workplace Discrimination Laws
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act – This expands Title VII to include a prohibition of sex discrimination on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy and childbirth.
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA) – This prohibits wage decisions amounting to sex discrimination between men and women who perform equal work in the same workplace.
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) – This protects people who are 40 and older from discrimination in the workplace.
- Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) – This makes it illegal for an employer to discriminate against a person with a disability.
What Types of Workplace Discrimination Are Prohibited?
Under California law and federal law, employers are prohibited from using a protected class to make decisions in the workplace. Employment decisions include the following:
- Advertising jobs
- Screening and interviewing candidates
- Hiring, promoting, transferring, and firing employees
- Paying wages and benefits
- Working conditions
- Participating in training and apprenticeship programs
- Employee organizing and unions
What Is the EEOC?
What Is the DFEH?
Remedies in Employment Discrimination Cases
- Past and future lost earnings
- Rehire or reinstatement of your job
- Appropriate promotion and training
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Changes in discriminatory policies
- Reasonable accommodations
- Damages for mental anguish and emotional distress
- Punitive damages
- Attorney fees and legal costs
Contact Discrimination Lawyers in Los Angeles Today
How an Employment Attorney in Los Angeles, CA Can Help You
Employment disputes are about more than winning. They often involve your livelihood and can impact your entire life. Setyan Law has a team of legal professionals and discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles, CA, Pasadena, CA, and Glendale, CA.
We will review your case, gather evidence to support your claims, and fight for you to get the justice you deserve.
Please feel free to call us for a free consultation about your rights.