Why Setyan Law is the Right Construction Accident Attorney
- Have experience with construction accident cases like yours
- Focus on workers’ compensation and third-party lawsuits
- Provide personal service to each client
- Communicate effectively and keep our clients updated on their cases
Types of Construction Accident Cases We Handle
- Highway Construction
- Contractor Injuries
- Building Contractors
- OSHA Regulation Violations
- Dangerous and Defective Equipment
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Machinery Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Repetitive Motion Injuries
- Asbestos Exposure
- Mesothelioma Cases
- Occupational Diseases
Causes of Construction Accidents in California
- Unsafe working conditions
- Violations of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Lack of proper safety equipment
- Failure to follow safety protocols
- Negligent or inadequate training
- Exposure to dangerous substances or hazardous chemicals
- Construction site defects
- Negligent coworkers, contractors, and subcontractors
- Work related motor vehicle accidents
- Defective machinery
- Slips and falls
- Electrocutions and shock injuries
- Getting struck by an object
- Getting caught in between objects
- Lack of fall protection for workers
Who Is Liable for My Construction Accident?Liability is a legal theory indicating the party to be held responsible legally and financially for damages. In a workplace accident, your employer may have workers’ compensation insurance that will cover some of your damages. However, other parties may also be partially or fully liable as well.
- Contractors or Subcontractors – If a company other than your employer did something negligent that caused your injuries, then they may have to pay you compensation for your damages.
- Property Owner – The owner of the construction site may be held liable for dangerous or defective property elements, such as stairway collapse or failure to remove ice and snow.
- Machinery Manufacturer – The builder of a machine or product may be responsible through the theory of product liability for dangerous and defective equipment that cause injury.
Compensation in Construction Accident Cases
There are two ways that you can get compensation in a construction accident case. In some cases, you can use both paths.Workers’ Compensation
When you file a workmans’ comp claim against your employer’s insurance company, you are able to get medical bills paid as well as a portion of your lost wages. You can get money if you become disabled, aren’t able to return to your prior work, and if your loved one dies. A workers’ comp claim can be complex, and they often get denied. It’s best to work with a Los Angeles workers’ compensation lawyer when you make a claim.Personal Injury Lawsuit
If someone other than your employer or a coworker partially or fully caused your injuries, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against them. This is often called a “third-party” lawsuit. You can get 100% of your losses compensated through a PI lawsuit, including all of your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Attorney Sam Setyan is ready to review your case and help you understand your options going forward. Learn more about preventing workplace injuries and your specific case. Call Setyan Law today at (213)-618-3655.
How an Employment Attorney in Los Angeles, CA Can Help You
Workers’ compensation and personal injury cases are complicated. They require you to gather evidence, negotiate with other parties, and fight for your rights. Setyan Law has a team of construction accident attorneys in Los Angeles, Pasadena, and Glendale, CA ready to help you.
We will review your case, gather evidence to support your claims, and fight for you to get the justice you deserve.Please feel free to call us for a free consultation about your rights.